A Four-Night Sacred Art Retreat
Journey deep into the heart of the Sacred Feminine as you paint and create an acrylic piece of artwork unique to you.
Deepening into the power of a gathered circle of woman, a temple of loving devotion - you will open up unseen creative energies to be expressed through creating your artwork.
You will receive simple instruction and technique advice over the 4-days on how to bring through a rising form when painting a feminine face or form. You will also be listening into the rising animal totem that accompanies your expression of the inner feminine unfurling Her power.
Creating a powerful piece of transformational art that can support the enabling of a higher intention from the unseen worlds and subtleness of your Being.
Join me in this creative retreat for woman at the beautiful Pen Pynfarch just outside Llandsyul - nestled in 40 acres of beautiful land, which includes woods, open pastures, a lake and a stream running through the grounds. There are two small Welsh cottages for our use and a gorgeous studio space lovingly held by Andy and Eeva-Mare who are amazing custodians for this beautiful place and LOVE me bringing this work to their studio. They are fully geared to support and nourish us totally over this week and I feel very blessed to say that they can cook their amazing food for us again!
NO PRIOR PAINTING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
- All course materials to create your finished piece of artwork: beautiful Golden Fluid paints, Abstract Paints, deep edge canvas 24' x 36', large sheets of paper, pencils, charcoals ect...
- 4-days tuition and support in engaging deeper levels in the creative process.
- 4-nights accommodation in a Welsh Cottage - shared bathroom.
- Embodiment practices to nourish, revitalise and support the body.
- Two Group Movement Sessions with Eeva-Maria Mutka. One of our hosts at the retreat centre and a creative dance and somatic movement teacher and performer for over 25 years. A large part of her work evolves around Body, Movement and Environment. Where dance and ecology meet. She will bring all her expertise and passion to supporting our bodies as we dive deeper into our creative work.
- Delicious Two-Course evening meal each night cooked by our amazing hosts and custodians of the land Andy and Eeva-Maria – the food OOZES LOVE!
- Ideal Healthy Breakfast each morning – a kick start to support your body in the morning which includes a Nutritional Shake with berries, Aloe Vera Drink and Green Tea metabolic boosting tea.
- Teas, Coffees, Snacks
- Lunch – we can just pool together bits and pieces to make things like tuna salad, eggs, omlettes, ect
- Anything extra like toast, cereal that you may also like to have in the morning.
The retreat total cost is £650
£60 non-refundable deposit secures your place.
Payment plans can be arranged. Contact me to discuss.
Movement Session Facilitator
CREATIVE DANCE AND SOMATIC MOVEMNET TEACHER
Eeva-Maria Mutka will run two morning 'Movement Sessions' for us. Supporting and enabling us to get deeper in the body as we open up creative capacity on our canvas.
Bio - Eeva-Maria is a Finnish performer and community dance leader based in Llandysul, Wales since 2002. She trained initially in theatre at LAMDA, in London, 1989-92, and has since continued her professional development in dance and somatic movement work gaining qualifications to teach ‘Body and Earth’ workshops, to deliver the Touch Trust programme and training events, and to lead Japanese ‘Space Dance’ movement for all ages. Since the 1990’s she has been performing internationally in dance theatre & film, site specific works, cross art form improvisations, cinema and TV in the UK and Finland. She has also been teaching people of all ages, including projects with young children, children with their parents, young people with disabilities, adults with learning disabilities, and the elderly in care home settings, sometimes independently, sometimes through community dance organisations like Arts Care Gofal Celf. Currently she is also working in Age Cymru’s Cartrefu project, bringing participatory arts into care homes across Wales. In 2016 Eeva performs in Miranda Tufnell’s major collaborative piece, with David Ward and Sylvia Hallett, Pneuma and Gaby Agis’s Close Streams for Turner Gallery, Margate amongst other performance projects. Eeva works with her husband Andy Paget to provide a unique rural creative retreat at p e n p y n f a r c h. For 8 years she designed and co-ordinated an annual training programme Body, Movement, Environment, including residentials for families, and they continue to rent out studio and accommodation to artists from all over the world. Currently Eeva and Andy run weekly open to all. Eeva feels passionately about the importance of sensory experiences and creative opportunities for all, for learning, health and happiness. Sustainability education starts with ourselves, our own bodies.